Thank you for choosing employment with Jordan School District. We value all our employees and welcome you to this outstanding team. We want your employment experience to be positive and rewarding.

The following information is designed to assist you with questions and concerns you might have regarding your employment and various aspects of the Human Resource Department. Other departments will also provide you with pertinent information regarding their procedures.



District Policies

All District employees are responsible for reading and abiding by all district policies, which are found here. A list of “Critical Policies” will be reviewed with you by the school principal at the beginning of each academic year.

Utah Licensure

Utah Licensure is required for all certificated employees placed on the teacher’s salary schedule. State Law requires that employees hold credentials that are current. Employees must possess a teaching license with endorsements in the area or subject for which they are employed. The State Board of Education sends licenses directly to the employee (not the district). As a condition of your employment, you must meet all requirements to be Highly Qualified under federal No Child Left Behind requirements and pass a background check before beginning work.

Teacher Interns

Teacher Interns are treated in the same manner as a regular full-time employee except: 1) a transcript is not necessary, 2) the pay is one-half the regular teacher’s salary, 3) Interns have a one year contract, and 4) an Intern Teaching Certificate is required which may be obtained through your university program.

Change of Name and/or Address

The Change of Address form is available in the Human Resource Department, or click here to print off the form. Please submit these changes to us ASAP.

Employment Verifications

Transcripts & Salary Placement

Licensed employees must submit to the Human Resources Department the following documents:

1) Original Transcript(s): The transcript must list the degree and the date the degree was received. A key or legend (which identifies graduate hours) and term schedules (semester, quarters, etc.) must be provided, if transcripts are from universities outside Utah. Once transcripts are submitted to the Human Resources Department, they become the property of Jordan School District. Please make personal copies before submitting transcripts.

2) Employment Verification Form(s): On the Employment Verification Form, please complete the top three lines and forward this document to your former district for completion and employment verification. If you have worked for more than one district, additional forms are required and may be obtained in the Human Resource Department, or here. Prior Jordan School District experience will not require verification.

Initial Salary Placement Verification

Initial Salary Placement Verification is the responsibility of the employee. When your transcript(s) and verification(s) are received in the Human Resource Department, they are evaluated to establish your initial placement on the salary schedule. Only graduate numbered university credits that were taken after you received your original teaching certificate are counted for initial salary placement.

If Human Resources has not received all verification documentation at the time of your initial salary placement, you will be placed at the salary level the Human Resources Secretaries can verify.

When additional verifications are received in the Human Resource Department and a salary placement adjustment is warranted, your salary placement will be adjusted retroactively, to the beginning of the current contract year, if verification is received within 60 days. Verifications submitted after 60 days will become effective the first of the month following the receipt of those verifications.

Substitute teaching experience is not eligible for credit on the salary schedule. Credit will only be issued for an entire contract year of part-time employment. Credit will not be issued for previous full-time employment, unless you taught a minimum of 92 days or a full semester on a traditional school year calendar, or 88 days on a year-round calendar.

Salary Lane Change

In accordance with District Policy DP309NEG – Salary Guidelines, and with proper verification, you may apply for salary lane change after completing 30, 60, and 90 semester credits. Monthly salary lane change reviews are conducted by the Human Resource Department and salary lane change forms are available in the Human Resources Department or on the website here.

Social Security Card

The Federal Government requires employers to pay all employees according to the name on their social security account. For that reason, a copy of your actual Social Security Card is required. If the name on your card has changed, or you have lost your card, you are required to apply for a new card, in order for the Human Resources Department to verify that you are being paid by the correct name.

W-4 Form

A W-4 form is required for payroll purposes.